Incapital’s Legacy Platform provides issuers and financial professionals the opportunity to offer investors a broad range of products that align financial goals with personal values. Values-based investing is often used interchangeably with socially responsible investing (SRI), sustainable investing and environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. Areas of impact vary by offering and may include environmental, economic and social concerns, as well as a wide variety of other issues.
Incapital’s leadership in values-based investing programs dates back to 2005 when the firm joined forces with Calvert Foundation to introduce a new program that made their “socially conscious” Community Investment Notes widely available to individual investors. In March of 2014, Incapital expanded its involvement in this growing sector with the launch of Impact Notes from the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group. Further expansion occurred with the first “Green Bond” offered on the platform by IFC in September of 2014. Incapital is committed to supporting the expansion of values-based investing through the Legacy Platform.
Features of Legacy
Legacy investments are distributed through Incapital’s extensive nationwide network of broker-dealers, institutions, asset managers, RIAs and banks. Legacy investing integrates traditional financial analysis and objectives with an issuer and investor’s social or environmental impact goals.
Incapital’s Presence in the Values-Based Investing Sector
Since 2005, Incapital has been a leader in the area of values-based investing for the individual investor.
- Calvert Foundation, a nonprofit LegacyTM issuer on
Incapital’s platform since 2005, launched Community
Investment Notes to support organizations creating positive
social change through initiatives including affordable
housing, education, health and the environment.
- Distribution of over $225 million in Notes for Calvert Foundation
- IFC, the largest international development institution
focused on the private sector, launched Impact Notes in
March 2014. IFC’s mission is to eradicate poverty and boost
shared prosperity by supporting private sector development
and job creation in more than 100 developing countries.
- Over $70 million has been distributed through the IFC
Impact Notes retail bond program since March 2014
- Incapital distributed IFC’s first U.S. retail targeted
Green Bond issued through IFC’s Impact Notes
program in September 2014
- The World Bank (IBRD) is an international organization which provides project loans and technical assistance to help its member countries end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity.
- World Bank is owned by 188 nations who are also its borrowers. Of these member countries, the US is the largest shareholder.
- For over 65 years, investors in the US and around the world help fund IBRD’s worldwide activities by investing in World Bank bonds. World Bank bonds have been rated triple-A since 1959.
- Frequent contributor to financial articles and trade publications discussing values-based investing
- Advocate Speaker at Investor Conferences
- Sponsor and participant at the Alternative Investment Strategies Conference in July 2013 with Incapital Chairman, Tom Ricketts, as a featured speaker
- Legacy Platform officially launched September 2014
- Member of the Green Bond Principles
Investors should refer to the respective offering documents for information on the use of funds of the respective offering.